Are you in the market for homeowners insurance? Here is a simple guide that can show you where to get the best price.
If you would like to get the best price on homeowners insurance you must evaluate rates from multiple providers. The easiest way to comparison shop for insurance is to pay a visit to an insurance comparison web site to acquire rate quotes from numerous companies.
At these websites you fill out a simple form together with your insurance coverage requirements. As you complete the form you can include the insurance coverage you want and the discounts you want.
Many of the best comparison sites even provide an online chat feature which allows you to ask an insurance expert any questions you may have about home insurance and what discounts are available.
In order to obtain the least expensive rate for the insurance policy you need to get every one of the available discounts. Here are some of the top discounts:
Top Online Homeowners Insurance Discounts
* Buy the right amount of coverage – Most people buy too much insurance. To figure uo how much coverage you really need, base that figure on an amount that is enough to rebuild your home and replace all your possessions.
* Raise the deductible on your insurance policy and save up to 40%. It will also prevent you from filing too many small insurance claims which may cause your insurer to raise your insurance cost.
* Combine your insurance policies – Purchasing your home and auto insurance with the same company may save you as much as 15% a year on your insurance premiums.
* Installing security devices inside your house, for example burglar alarms, dead-bolt locks, a sprinkler system, window locks, fire extinguishers, and smoke detectors, will get you a sizeable discount.
* Get a senior citizen’s discount – If you’re a senior, you can get a 10% discount from many insurance firms due to the fact they assume you have a tendency to stay at home and can safeguard your property from fires and theft.
* Get a non-smokers discount – If everyone in your home is a non-smoker, you can get a good-sized discount from your insurer.
* Pay your premium yearly or quarterly – Most insurers will give you a small discount when you pay yearly or quarterly as opposed to monthly. This discount may be small, but over time it adds up.
Spending a few minutes at a comparison website can save you hundreds, even thousands of dollars on your yearly premium. Well worth your time.